Built in 1920 for the Maids that tended Trafalgar House, this sweet cottage had a modern renovation in 2013 which turned the original Maid’s Cottage into a luxurious seaside accommodation with premium fixtures and edgy vintage decor. We are proud to mention The Maid’s Cottage has received a 4 STAR rating by Star Ratings Australia.
For the romantics the huge master bedroom features a 4 poster bed and wood fire, perfect to snuggle up in front of on a winters evening. The second bedroom offers a double bed with a single available by request.
Lounge & Deck
Comfy sofas, free WiFi, flat screen digital TV, digital radio, iPod docking station, air-conditioning, ceiling fans and plenty of DVD’s, books and magazines make the lounge room a delight.
To complete the package, French doors open to a private sunny decked courtyard with outdoor furniture, barbecue and an outdoor shower. Enjoy the lovely views across the garden towards the heritage buildings of The Strand.
Cook up a storm in the fully equipped kitchen including stone bench tops and a dishwasher.
The hero of the luxurious bathroom is a free standing bathtub big enough for 2. You will love a relaxing soak in this gorgeous tub!
The Maid’s Cottage is perfect for a romantic getaway, wedding night or when traveling with friends and family. We are conveniently located in Port Elliot and are a stones throw from Victor Harbor, Goolwa and are close to Kangaroo Island.
- Minimum 2 night booking (Christmas and Easter minimum 3 night booking)
- 2 people/2 nights mid week $225 per night
- 2 people/2 nights weekend $248 per night
- A $55 surcharge applies per booking if the second bedroom is required
- Extra person/child rate $33 per night (maximum 4 people)
- A single bed or portacot is available at an additional $22 per booking.
- No charge for children under 2 years using own bed and bedding.
- Phone us and book direct to save 5%. Book a minimum of 2 nights to receive a bottle of delicious local wine (excludes gift certificates & vouchers)